The 1887 Deed
In 1887, Arcadia Bandini de Baker and Senator John P. Jones donated 300 acres of land establishing the Pacific Branch of the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers. That land was deeded specifically for the purpose of helping veterans in need. For nearly a century, that is how it was used.
Restoring the Wadsworth Chapel
The wounds of war are not only physical and mental, but also spiritual. As such, soul repair is core to the healing process and all of our Veterans must be provided a spiritual haven. Through its restoration, the Wadsworth Chapel can provide this resource and once again act as a beacon of hope for the generations of Veterans to come regardless of their beliefs or traditions.